To apply for a Tertiary Education Grant and/or Scholarship, you must be a registered tribal member, residing in NZ and studying at a NZ Tertiary Institution to be eligible.
Online applications will open 1 December 2017 and close 31 March 2018 and 31 July 2018 for study commencing in the 2nd semester. The 2018 enrolments have now closed.
Click on MY WAIKATO-TAINUI and follow the Tertiary Education Grant application instructions.
The application process will prompt applicants to upload these specific documents:
- Confirmation of 2018 enrolment
- Official name of qualification
- List of course subjects
- Certified invoice of your course costs
- Start and finish date of course
- Study type (full or part time)
- Year of study
- NZQA level of course
- Previous year academic results transcript (only applicable if you have previously received a tertiary ed grant/scholarship) Note: Applicants must have passed a minimum of 75% of the previous year’s courses to be eligible for further Scholarships
- Current CV
- Verified bank account details
Items 1-8 need to be on tertiary institution letterhead.